To assist in building a strong economy by nurturing business, addressing business needs and developing a business environment that is attractive and stable.
The Greater Shelby County Chamber of Commerce is a business association of economic development champions. As the voice of business for the Greater Shelby County area, the Chamber is a strong advocate for continued development of our community and a partner for prosperity.
By working together and focusing on initiatives that support growth, members use the services of the Chamber as an important catalyst for their business success. Recognized as a leader in one of Alabama's most forward-thinking business communities, the Greater Shelby County Chamber of Commerce strives to create a business support system that becomes the benchmark of advocacy for the state of Alabama.
Core Values and Belief
We base our values on the belief that...
- Serving our members´ needs is the primary reason for the existence of the Chamber.
- Volunteers are the key resource through which we accomplish our objectives.
- Trust, open communication, integrity, personal accountability and initiative are critical to our organization’s success.
- The free market economy is the primary means to achieve a prosperous and well-balanced community.
- Governments and publicly funded entities must be accountable, responsible, effective and efficient.
- Business has an obligation to act in an environmentally responsible manner and to support necessary social, cultural, health and educational systems.
We put our values & beliefs into action by working on...
- Fostering and supporting private enterprise, economic vitality and stability.
- Providing a forum for idea exchange.
- Advocating for business with government.
- Developing and increasing the membership base.
- Financial responsibility.
- Creating a climate conducive to developing individual volunteers through participation and interaction.
- Communicating effectively with members and solicit their opinions and feedback.
- Providing challenging and stimulating employment that is productive and personally rewarding for staff.
- Creating an enthusiastic working partnership between staff and member-volunteers built on trust and mutual respect.